Request "Protected Intersection / cycleway Mix"

I am enjoying using StreetMix for sharing new street design ideas with others.

It would also be very helpful to have a similar tool to design protected intersections and phyically separated bike lanes on a street view from above. I can imagine saving a Google Earth image of a street and intersection and then having a tool that would superimpose a protected intersection and sidewalk / cycleway design on top of what is existing. This would help share these concepts with our local officials.

Thanks for what you do. Keep up the good work.

Charlie

Hey @charlieotto2,

Thanks for posting about this! That’s a great idea and I’d love to see a tool like that.

Streetmix is an Open Source Project and we’re all volunteers doing this in our spare time, so unfortunately sometimes requests can be slow to implement :frowning: (and sorry it took so long for someone to respond to your post)

We’d love for you to get more involved if you’re interested, so if you’d like to spearhead exploring this idea more that’d be great! Join the Slack channel to talk to more members of the Streetmix community about this. Slack is another place where we discuss and make progress on features and projects.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions and keep posting ideas on the forums- documentation of everyone’s ideas and issues is key!

-Trey

Trey,
I got your e-mail yesterday. Please feel free to call me to discuss just how a protected intersection design layout would work.
Charlie
208-313-5205